Here’s MY thoughts about women with gray hair….

My guess is women dye their hair for 2 reasons.

1) Choice  2) Outside influences.

Here are several pictures of what I see as attractive women with gray hair.

First the disclaimer:  Making the choice to go gray is a personal decision.

Women (or men) as far as I am concerned, can choose to go gray or not, their decision.  Gray hair is certainly not a measurable sign post of someones wisdom and it is an individual choice.

Here are some photos of women with stunningly attractive gray hair. The first woman pictured went gray at the age of 13 and at that age decided to just go with it.

Went Gray at 13

Emmy Lou Harris

Going Gray

Long and gray

I have always thought women with gray hair hold an attraction, unique, real, confident, a devil-may-care attitude about them.

About jeb610

Taking one day at a time, and enjoying life in the heart of Dixie. People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don’t sit looking at it – walk. There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.
This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Here’s MY thoughts about women with gray hair….

1. linda says:

I don’t have any gray to show yet!

2. Martha Gerald says:

I color – cuz I do not like my color of hair and I do not want to put the hair color manufacturers out of business. That is my story and I am sticking to it!

3. PJ says:

In the photos you used as examples of nice gray hair, the girl that is only 13 years old… .I NEVER would have guessed 13. Why? Because the gray hair makes her look so much older…to me.

I think the vast majority of women that color their hair, including me, do it because it is part of taking care of ourselves and our appearance. It makes us feel good. And that’s a good thing.

4. jeb610 says:

PJ,

The girl is not 13-but 33 years old. She decided to go gray at the age of 13. Think she went gray because it made her feel good about her appearance and herself…also a good thing.

5. PJ says:

Ahhhh, clarification made a difference. Thank you.

6. Pingback: A River of Stones: Day 21 | Inspired Vision

7. Pingback: “Red” Makes Me Feel Better! « MKG- Memories-Keepsakes-Gifts

8. Pingback: A Poem for Alice Walker | Black Write & Read

9. Robyn Lee says:

I love the idea of a woman embracing her whole and natural self. These women look wonderful with their gray hair…Not sure I would but when the time comes I’d certainly give it a go. Great post! Robyn Lee

10. Elizabeth says:

A hand full of women understanding that true beauty does not come from a bottle, or a plastic surgeon’s office is indeed . . . fabulously wonderful.

11. backonmyown says:

As you might guess by my photo, I appreciate this post. :-)

12. hmmm..well if I looked like Emmy! I “weave” in a little white to compensate. nope, don’t want to be blondie at my age! great blog! thanks for coming by so I could come by back! ;)

13. Outside influences affect wayyy too much these days.

14. Great post! made me chuckle, serves kind of like an inspiration to what I put tonight! Thanks!

15. I’m almost 49 and only now have maybe 30 gray hairs in my auburn locks. It’s a weird genetic thing with my family, no one goes gray until late. Last time I was in to get my hair done, my hairdresser suggested I think about coloring my hair. He will be very disappointed in me. Both my parents had/have beautiful silver gray hair. I’ve decided it’s not something I feel compelled to do. Thank you for a great post!

16. Lynne Ayers says:

Saw the title, had to read it … being one of the grey-haired women.