Where are all the good men….

One hears this question asked all the time.

Let me introduce you to three good men, Jon Blunk, Matt McQuinn and Alex Teves.

No, they are not the men of the Armed Service dying overseas protecting all of us, including protecting your right to say “‘Where are all the good men.”

They are just 3 good men…and heroes. Men that can be found in every community across our nation.

Society will often accept that a woman reaches her maturity by beauty alone.

Men are often held to a different standard.

They were just three men who possessed courage, stoicism, and fidelity. Of course these qualities are dismissed and no longer encouraged in men-as they have been in past generations.

Every day the media, our public schools and many think these qualities are old-fashioned, paternalistic and no longer needed.

But not everyone believes that and certainly not Jon, Matt and Alex.

Jon, Matt and Alex were three of the victims of the horrific tragedy in Colorado.

They were also the boyfriends of Jansen Young, Samantha Yowler and Amanda Lindgren, who made it out of the bloodbath in a theater in Colorado.

Jansen, Samantha and Amanda would have been killed had it not been for Jon, Matt and Alex-shielding them from the bullets of a mad man with their own bodies.

The next time you hear someone asking where are all the good men?

The answer is good men are found in every community across our nation…and some are living and some are dead.

About jeb610

Taking one day at a time, and enjoying life in the heart of Dixie. People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don’t sit looking at it – walk. There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.
This entry was posted in General, Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Where are all the good men….

1. PJ says:

A perfect tribute to these good men and I know there are many more out there just like them. Their courage is of the highest kind. God bless them, their families and their girlfriends.

2. Kathy says:

That was a beautiful tribute ,Jeb. My thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their families and loved ones.

3. Thank you for sharing this poignant story. These three brave young men truly are heroes–giving the biggest sacrifice of all. And I believe that there a many great men walking amongst us every day. My prayers go out to those they have left behind.

4. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!! You can find the link here: http://theembiggensproject.wordpress.com/2012/07/23/the-versatile-blogger-award-yay/

5. More like Amazing men…this is a wonderful tribute to these men who put their significant other’s life before their very own. Thank you for writing this :)

6. Wow! That made me cry! Thank you so much for bringing to light the everyday good guy. We don’t hear enough of that!

7. Reblogged this on AllThingsBoys Blog and commented:
    Worthy…

8. I cried as well..Phenomenal Men..May they rest in peace, and I hope their girlfriends are comforted at this time

9. this is a wonderful tribute! we are not all bad it seems! RIP Gentlemen

10. How sad…but how brave they were…Diane

11. theoctoberseer says:

The most selfless thing a person could do. These 3 men are incredible and may their souls rest in perfect peace. The world is full of evil but these men were the embodiment of virtue in a deadly situation. Amazing.

12. Lynne Ayers says:

This is very moving and an excellent post. I wonder if the senseless killing will ever stop.

13. andshelaughs says:

Thank you for this post. I’m very lucky to have some very good men in my own life. Despite the quirky take that I post in my blog, I am grateful for the men in my life. After all, I have a son, and he’s one hell of a good guy.

14. you stated “Society will often accept that a woman reaches her maturity by beauty alone.” inner or outer beauty?

15. Robyn Lee says:

So beautiful Jeb – thank you!